Thursday, February 07, 2008

Meatloaf's for Dinner

In trying to keep up with Kristy's blog, What's for dinner?, I will again share what we dined on. I rushed home from work to make meatloaf, a once dreaded thing in my book. But over the years, I have come to like it. In fact, it was pretty good tonight. I haven't made it in a long time. Unlike in years past when cholesterol and healthy eating in general were not heard of, I used ground turkey for this meatloaf, which is also very economical. A pound tube of frozen ground turkey sells for $.99, which is a bargain. I use it in place of beef in all my recipes.
Knowing how my husband loves stuffed peppers, I generously let him have the one and only bell pepper.
We do try to eat healthy around here. I also made a fruit salad tonight. (This is a beautiful bowl that was given to me by a very special friend from work who is now my boss. When I told him the bowl was way too large, too pretty and too fancy for me to use and what in the world was I to do with it, his response was that I could serve spaghetti in it.......he knows I am a redneck at heart......)


3 comments:

Lorie said...

Meatloaf looks great in the green pepper. Yummmm!

Lesley said...

Paula, I love the idea of stuffing the pepper with the meatloaf. Are you up for sharing the recipe?

Kristy said...

we almost had meatloaf instead of the spag the other night. And I have nver made meatloaf, so that is a weird coinsidence.