Wednesday, February 13, 2008

El Gato Returns

August 2007
Short version of the story. Greg took the cat to the vet to get her shots so we could take her to the spay clinic to get her fixed. The bill was $90 for the visit, which made us both gasp, but oh well, it had to be done. My comment at that point was "I hate to spend money on a cat that runs loose outside because I figure the next day it will get run over". Low and behold, the next morning we couldn't find her. It was just too strange. Greg searched all day. She has always been good to stay right around the house. I kept telling him she might turn up but he was sure that something had happened to her. When he went outside this morning to let the dog out, I heard his excited exclaimation and he walks in with Kitty!! He tried to pass his excitement off as being glad he hadn't lost his $90, but I think he was just a bit happy that she was back home. If there is such a thing as a good cat, she is one. Madison was not gentle with her but I never once saw the cat try to hurt her. She is a good mouser, too. So we are all happy that Kitty is back home again.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm so glad that Kitty is home...and I LOVE that picture! So funny!

Kellys said...

Yeah, that picture always makes me laugh. It pops up occasionally on my screensaver here at work. I can hear Madison saying come on kitty, look at the camera. And kitty is thinking please let this child let go of my head.....pk

Lorie said...

I am glad Kitty came home. And I can just see Greg saying, it is because he didn't want to lose his $90.

How is Madison doing anyway?!