Sunday, February 03, 2008

Buffalo Wings and $50!!!


In honor of the Superbowl, I had been google-ing for a baked buffalo wing recipe. I was trying to be as "healthy" as possible. We really aren't into wings that much but I thought it would be fun to try them for the occasion. I found several but only tried two. I had 5 pounds of wings. One recipe was baked and then rolled in the spicy seasoning sauce. The other involved boiling the wings in hot spices for 15 minutes, then broiling them in the oven, then rolling them in a spicy sauce. The boiled ones got Greg's vote, and I have to agree. They were somewhat crispy and they seemed less greasy as I assume that most of it went into the boiling water. They were good enough to make again in the future.

And, after 20 years of playing the Superbowl football pot at work, I finally WON!! Two quarters with the score ending in Patriots 7/Giants 3, got me $50!!!! Yahoo!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats on the money! How exciting. I am happy for you! Let me guess: the boiled wings were Alton Brown's recipe from Good Eats and the other wings were Ina Garners from Barefoot Contessa? I baked mine too, but wish I had boiled them after reading your post. Ours were major greasy. I also made the homemade bluecheese dressing. It was ok, but I'll save my $5 gorgonzola for something else next time.

Lorie said...

Yay you for the money!!!

Looks like chicken wings were on this family's mind this weekend!!