Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome Rain

The storm clouds followed me home today. But I didn't complain. We still need rain.
It looks a little trailer-trashy around the house. Greg was trying to help me out with rain water for my plants and got pesky brother-in-law Tim to get him some barrels.
The gutters have filled them both up, plus every empty bucket we could find.
We got almost three inches of rain today. It was very welcome. The clouds began to clear.

The sun started coming out just as it began to set.
And I knew there would be a rainbow to follow......

2 comments:

dieterich said...

Have you seen something called a "rain chain"? Looks like you could use one of those to get the water to run from that open gutter spout right into the barrel. Throw a little paint on that barrel and it'd look nice.

Kellys said...

Yes, I have seen a rain chain. Have you seen the price for what they are? And besides, if you will look on the ground on the second picture you will see a "funnel" that Greg made to direct the water into the holes in the top of the barrels. There is a piece of guttering in the back yard that will one day be cut and attached to run straight into the barrel, hopefully....besides, I was thinking spray paint and a little gang graffiti....mom