Friday, September 21, 2007

Pink Shoes

Mimi is such a sucker. Having had only boys at my house for years, pink was never a color choice. We found these pink Converse look alikes last week and I think I grabbed them before Madison even saw them. She wanted to wear them today. Then I realized that the poor daycare lady was not going to like me very much because I remembered how much trouble pants/pull ups/big girl panties are to deal with while the child is wearing shoes. And I had visions of Madison standing in the middle of the floor at "school", and her shoes being soaked and squishy because she forgot to tell them she "had to go". But all went well. I think at some point she decided she would rather be barefoot anyway........
Madison posing with our overweight Yorkie, Tipsy.

Madison and I went shopping after work yesterday and I bought like I was a grandma or something.....she got three more pairs of shoes, and a couple of pairs of jeans. Once her ensemble is complete, pictures will be forthcoming. Just keep in mind we are in Texas and it will soon be fair and rodeo time......
Papa had an out of town football game tonight and so did Morgan, performing with the band. Madison and I had a quiet evening at home. We stayed outside until dark, swinging and playing with the cat/dog, even eating supper at the picnic table. She helped water my plants and I potted up some new cuttings. She was tired, and went straight to sleep after her bath, a book, and prayers.

2 comments:

dieterich said...

Tipsy is not overweight... She's "big-boned."

Lorie said...

Love the pink shoes. Dani had a pair of pink hightops when she was that age.