Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Back Home

I returned this afternoon from T Bar M Resort in New Braunfels, Texas. The US Pretrial Services offices of the Southern and Western Districts of Texas had a combined training that started on Monday. These are two of the largest districts in the country. Due to budget constraints with additions to homeland security, the war in Iraq, and the economy, it has been 6 years since we were able to participate in a district wide training session. We had motivational speakers, safety training, and a drug dog demonstration (he was from Amsterdam). We had a great time after hours as well, with Mexican bingo (otherwise known as lotteria), a dance contest, a volleyball tournament, and a movie outside on the "grounds". It was really nice to get to see our co-workers from all over the state. Upon my return this afternoon, I am not sure who had missed me more, Greg or Madison. Maybe they were about even, each for their own reasons. Greg's comment upon my return was his thankfulness that he had not had to deal with a dirty diaper. I think Madison's reason for missing me was a bit more basic and sincere. Regardless, it is good to be back home.............................paula

No comments: