Thursday, May 28, 2009

Birds....I finally have birds.....

Late Monday afternoon we got my birds!! Three of them. How exciting!! They are ring neck doves, probably mixed with white doves. I want a pair of the all white doves but they didn't have any young ones. Will check back later to see if they have hatched any new ones.
No names yet. We don't even know if they are male or female.
I try to go in the cage a few minutes every day to get them accustomed to me. I can't wait until they start cooing......
The cat made me so mad. She was so excited when we let the birds lose in the pen. She just knew we had brought her "dinner". She watched for quite a while, in her crouching stance, and I would spray her with the water hose when she got real close. At one point when I was sweeping, I heard a commotion and found the cat hanging on the cage mid way up, causing the birds to fly and thrash around. Needless to say, she got a good dousing with water. Next she climbed the tree beside the cage, and got up on the roof, trying to figure a way to get in. Now, thankfully, she doesn't pay attention to them. I guess she figured it was futile to waste her time when she couldn't get into the cage. She lays in wait at my wild bird feeders, where she has a little better chance of success.

1 comment:

The Wife said...

They look pretty content.