Saturday, September 18, 2010

Temporary Duty

I was in Phoenix this past week working, there was lots of data entry to be done but I think between the three of us temps, we did a good job of getting the office gals caught up while they were gone to a training. I actually got an office!!
Friday morning, there were three naturalization ceremonies in the courthouse. I finally managed to get over with my camera for the last one (I didn't take it at first because I know that they are a bit skittish about cameras in a courthouse but I saw family members of the new citizens taking photos so ran back to the office and grabbed mine). As the judge spoke, and then Lee Greenwood sang about being an American, and they took their oath, I got a little teary eyed.....we live in a great country, and these people were becoming citizens the RIGHT way.....
Justice Sandra D. O'Connor, whom the courthouse is named for....

No comments: