Thursday, October 02, 2008

Roses

Just so the grocery store manager wouldn't think there were any hard feelings, I forced myself to buy a dozen roses before I left....and three Honeycrisp apples. I love fresh cut flowers in the house and treat myself occasionally.....it is one of my few splurges in life and I figure I deserve them.....
It was hard to make a choice but these were large, firm buds, with an unusual color......

My first impulse is to try to smell them but we watched a documentary about roses and the fact that they genetically altered the smell OUT of them on purpose but that so many people had missed the "rose" smell that they were working to put it back in. These didn't really have a smell.....such a shame for such a pretty flower.

1 comment:

pickle said...

So "you" are the one who left my pretty rose...I told everyone that I didn't have a new boyfriend in the building, just a nice friend...pickle ;-)