Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bunko

I play in a bunko group and it was my turn tonight to host it at the house. There are 12 of us in the group so we only have to do it once a year but it is always a chore to get dinner/dessert ready for 12 hungry, yapping women. I took the day off from work and cooked and cleaned. For appetizers while waiting for everyone to arrive, I had done the Southwest Succotash and some cream cheese with raspberry chiptole sauce on it. I also made my yummy chicken spaghetti, a salad, and garlic bread. All of us really like chocolate so I kinda went overboard. This is a trifle made with brownies, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and toffee chips. It was really good and amazingly, not too heavy.
Then there were these chocolate truffles. It was the first time I ever made them and they turned out pretty good. Morgan really liked them. She snuck several before the ladies got here. I also have a recipe for cake balls, which are similar to these but have cake under the chocolate coating. I will try them when I have more time and not expecting 11 hungry women!!

No comments: