Friday, September 12, 2008

Waiting...

We are waiting to see what goes on with Ike. I know you Floridians are laughing at us Texans sweating over this hurricane when you guys deal with them all the time. But this is one of the first times in my life that I can remember one coming up through the state this close to us. The prediction keeps changing but they are saying 2-4 inches of rain with possible 40 to 50 mile an hour winds. While everyone was at football games tonight, I moved my plants to the garage, as well as the small cars. Greg put the motorcycle in the garage this morning in preparation since there is no way I can move it alone. So now we are just waiting.

This was the sunset tonight. It was a bit eerie, kinda goes with the general feeling of uneasiness.

***UPDATE***3:12 PM So far not much has happened except for a bit of wind and rain. Nothing we can't handle. Can't say as much for Galveston......

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I think it is gorgeous!! I will never underestimate the damage a hurricane can do, but I always loved the getting ready for one and the closeness it causes.It was forced family togetherness.

Good luck!!

The Wife said...

Our power went out this morning but came back about 4 hours later. Meat still frozen, yeah! We came into town around 10:30. It was not as bad in town as it was at the house. Just glad we were on the outer bands of the storm.