Thursday, February 05, 2009

What a criminal.....

I have become a Craig's List junkie. I have bought a lot of good toys. I met up with a young lady at Walmart today at noon for an exchange. I got a Little Tykes plastic coupe (like the Flintstones car, most are orange and yellow and the kid's feet hang out the bottom and they push themselves around that way). The coupe wouldn't fit inside my car and it would just barely fit inside the trunk, the lid wouldn't close. The wind was blowing a gale, I was standing in the WalMart parking lot, I needed to get back to work, and I knew I had to keep the trunk lid down some way. I spied my pair of running shoes and decided to just unlace the strings from one hole. Hey, ok, I was too lazy to take the laces out of the shoe, all right. So I run the laces through the latches of the trunk, tie the laces together, and back to work I go. I checked it when I got to work and things looked ok. Imagine my surprise when I get a call from one of the security guards downstairs. He begins to tell me that he had been helping a young lady get to her car with a box and noticed three police cars parked around MY car. The lady officer was an acquaintance of his and came over to talk to him. They had already run my plates and knew that the car belonged to me. The reason they were there was that several people had called the police station saying that there was someone, or a body, in the trunk of a car on Franklin Avenue!!! I guess they checked it out and told the guard to have me park in one of the parking lots so people would quit calling. I went downstairs to see what all the disturbance was about and I have to admit, it DID look kinda funny. I replaced the tennis shoe with a bungee cord that I remembered was in the back seat. Only in Waco.......
Do people actually think that someone would be stupid enough to put a body in a trunk, leaving the lid open, and parking not 50 yards from the federal courthouse? Puulllleeeezzzeeeee......
"The Wife" was at Fort Hood working today and I IM'd her about what had happened. She said she was laughing so hard she might pee in her pants.

3 comments:

The Wife said...

LMAO now too!

Ashley said...

Hilarious!

Lorie said...

Love this. How funny!!!
Got my electricity back after 10 days today!!! Celebrating!!