Monday, December 21, 2009

My Best Friend's "Daughter's" Wedding

The daughter of my best friend from high school got married this weekend in College Station. Susan had asked me a couple of months ago if I would help and be her "go to" person. Of course, I told her sure. We got to College Station on Saturday shortly after lunch and met up with Susan and Daniel. We made it through the rehearsal and then had Ruby's BarBQue for the dinner afterwards. We did lots of visiting and catching up.

Sunday, the day of the wedding, Susan and her daughter did the "bride/mom" thing, leaving us to keep Daniel busy. We took a quick trip to Messina Hof, the well known local winery there. We did a bit of shopping and a bit of tasting, buying a bottle to enjoy while we sat and talked out in the sun.I was trying to be artsy with this shot.
The wedding was Sunday at 5:00 PM. Very simple, very sweet, very short, and a very, very happy bride and groom!!
All 43 guests attended the meal afterwards at Cafe Eccell. (http://www.cafeeccell.com/) It was great!! Of course, given several desserts, I will ALWAYS pick the one that is chocolate. This Chocolate Amaretta Mousse Bombe was to die for.......
Greg went with the Key Lime Pie. It was good, too!!
We spent another night and came home today. It was a fun weekend with great friends!!

2 comments:

The Wife said...

Uh huh! Came home today! Hmmmm, sore throat? Busted!

Kellys said...

We were planning to come home today anyway, bride's grandparents didn't spend last night and it was already paid for, planned to come back early this morning. Sore throat and a headache, I was not happy. Headache didn't leave until late this afternoon. Think it is my contact lenses.....have an appointment at 8:15 in the morning to see the lens guy....